Every Mind Matters campaign
Better Health - Every Mind Matters (BH-EMM) is a campaign and digital resource designed to empower people to look after their mental health and wellbeing and support others. This is managed by the new Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID) part of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
At the heart of BH-EMM is the Mind Plan. The NHS Mind Plan is an evidence-based digital tool that enables people to create their own mental health action plan; this can be accessed via the BH-EMM website.
It was developed in collaboration with clinicians and academics to enable the general public to navigate the range of actions they can take to look after their mental wellbeing including the four most common mental health conditions alongside some of the more common contextual pressures that they may experience.
This has been to great success with over 3.4 million Mind Plans created so far since launch in October 2019.
Once a Mind Plan has been created people can also sign up to the new, clinically approved BH-EMM email programme. This four-week programme is an extension of the Mind Plan that provides ongoing mental wellbeing support including:
- Reminders of the actions surfaced in the Mind Plan
- Examples and tips for incorporating these mental wellbeing actions into everyday life
- Further information on maintaining good mental wellbeing
BETTER HEALTH-EVERY MIND MATTERS: CAMPAIGN MESSAGING
The experience of the past 18 months has been difficult for us all. That’s why it’s so important to look after our mental health and wellbeing.
That’s why Better Health-Every Mind Matters is launching a new campaign to support the nation’s mental wellbeing, showing the little things we can all do and how these can make a big difference; helping us to lead happier, healthier lives and cope with life’s challenges.
At the heart of the campaign is the free, NHS-approved Mind Plan. By answering five simple questions online, adults will get a personalised mental health action plan with practical tips for helping deal with stress and anxiety, boost their mood, sleep better, and feel more in control.
Search Every Mind Matters to see what works for you.
- The experience of the past 18 months has been a difficult time for us all
- But there are little things we can all do to look after our mental health and Better Health - Every Mind Matters can help find what works for you.
- Their free, NHS-approved Mind Plan is a personalised mental health action plan with practical tips to help you deal with stress and anxiety, boost your mood, sleep better, and feel more in control.
- The Every Mind Matters website has been continuously updated to support people during this period and has a COVID-19 hub that includes tips and support on how to deal with change and cope with money worries and job uncertainty.
- Complete the Mind Plan and sign up to the email programme to get your plan, extra advice, and reminders straight to your inbox
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS AND MESSAGING
Please support Every Mind Matters through your own social media channels by creating your own posts or liking and sharing the social content posted from:
Department of Health and Social Care
Facebook account: @DHSCgovuk
Twitter account: @DHSCgovuk
Facebook account: @NHSWebsite
Emergency support for victims experiencing domestic abuse
The Government is launching a scheme to help victims access emergency support in the community. Through this scheme, victims will be able to use the codeword ANI (Action Needed Immediately) in pharmacies to let staff know that they require emergency police response or help contacting a helpline or a specialist support service.