North Tyneside Talking Therapies
More About Us
Specialist support is also provided by North Tyneside Talking Therapiesfor people with long term conditions such as COPD, heart disease and diabetes to help with anxiety and/or depression related to this.
North Tyneside Talking Therapies is an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service which runs as a partnership between Sunderland Counselling Service and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
What do we offer?
We are proud to offer Step Two Counselling at North Tyneside Talking Therapies.
Step two counselling is a low intensity intervention which is offered up to 6 sessions, either individually or in a group.
Step two counselling will help you to explore your feelings and emotions in a safe, supportive environment. This will help you to:
- Reduce your negative thoughts and feelings
- Feel better about yourself and your life
- Make sense of and find meaning in your circumstances and experiences
- Find ways to achieve a greater degree of choice and purpose in the world
- Develop emotional awareness
- Gain greater understanding of yourself, your relationships and your responses to others
- Find different ways to manage your feelings.
- Counselling at step two is suitable for:
- People who can explain what is bothering them
- People who can be reflective between counselling sessions
- People who mainly want to explore feelings and emotions
Step Two counselling can be helpful for individuals experiencing mild and moderate feelings of:
- Low Mood
- Relationship issues
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Work problems
- Adjusting to significant Life events and Changes
- Self-esteem issues
- Loss of confidence
Who is this service for?
This service is available to anyone aged 16 or over that is living in North Tyneside and are registered with a North Tyneside GP, with a common mental health problem.
How do I refer?
Online: You can contact North Tyneside Talking Therapies by going to their website and completing their self-referral form. https://www.northumbria.nhs.uk/our-services/mental-health-services/talkingtherapies/get-help/
GP Referral: You may wish to speak to your GP or a health professional for some more information. Following your discussion, they may refer you to North Tyneside Talking Therapies.
Telephone: You can also contact North Tyneside Talking Therapies directly by telephone – 0191 2952775
Where is the service located?
The Talking Therapies service is available in the North Tyneside community at GP practices and health centres. We have locations across North Tyneside.
What other support is available?
There are many other talking therapies available at North Tyneside Talking Therapies. These include:
- Groups: Overcoming Low Mood; Overcoming Worry; Making Sense of Parenthood; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT); Making Sense of Trauma; Bereavement Support
- Courses: Wellbeing; Living Well with Long term Physical Health Conditions; Living Well with persistent pain and fatigue
- Guided Self Help
- Computerised CBT
- High Intensity CBT
- Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT)
- Psychological therapies for long term conditions
Please see our FAQ page for more information on these therapies.